The Blog, with the Thing
News, clips from a radio show, contests, events, and more! This is a big, busy week and I'm going to try my best to condense it down to a five-minute breezeby for you. Sometimes I feel like I'm spoiling you guys. You'd tell me if I was, right? Right, guys?
I was on Sound Therapy Radio to play a couple songs this past Tuesday. It was a panel show, and the topics were mental health issues, education, and stress. I'm not sure exactly how I fit into that picture, but I sang my little heart out all the same. Click the orange button to play the tunes!
(I hope that very few of you actually required that little tip just now.)
With that out of the way, here's ANOTHER EXCITING UPDATE*:
LAST DAY FOR EP CONTEST ENTRIES
*excitement levels may vary
We have gotten some truly (terrible) (cruel) (insulting) (demeaning) imaginative entries for the 'Name My EP' contest. Tomorrow I will be posting the submissions for us all to vote on throughout the week. Submit your entries by the end of the day if you want them to be considered! Feel free to make them as tasteless (or tasty?) as you choose. If you need ideas, remember that the internet is most likely to vote for things involving cats.
The winner of the contest will be announced during the fundraising event - Make CFord Listen to Bad Music - that you've heard so much about. Remember - I posted the blog, with the thing?
C'monnnnn, you remember!!
"Make CFord Listen to Bad Music" is coming!
HERE ARE THE RULES:
1. No girls allowed.
2. Some of these rules are not actual rules.
3. You've all been listening to the songs I've been able to output over the last couple of months, and I want to keep the momentum going. You've heard - from listening to my radio shows, my concerts, and through my windows late at night - the songs that I haven't been able to record yet, and you'd like to have them all dressed up so that you can take them out dancing. I NEED MONEY TO DO THIS!
4. Any kind of money will do.
5. CROWDFUNDING - I'd like your help to raise some of the cash needed for this project! Our initial goal is going to be $1000**.
6. 10% of what we raise, I'll donate to charity. We can all vote on the charity. I'm thinking something to do with Alcoholic Kittens. They need so much help.
7. IN ADDITION TO GIVING ME MONEY YOU ALSO GET A PRIZE!
8. The prize (other than the eventual payoff of getting to listen to awesome CFord songs) is that you get to torture me through a 24-hour-long journey of musical pain.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1. You'll tune in to www.c-ford.net next weekend for the official launch of the fundraiser.
2. I'll show you next weekend how to actually donate the money.
3. You'll choose how much airtime you want to sponsor. It'll be a simple system, where a few bucks will get you a few songs.
4. You'll also submit the songs you want to a playlist that I'll build on Grooveshark. On the big night, I'll sit down with a webcam, a pair of speakers, and that playlist, and then I'll turn it on for 24 hours.
5. I'll provide some lists of 'songs considered to be the worst ever' for you to peruse, but you'll also be able to see what else has been picked so that you can avoid (or deliberately set up!) duplication.
6. We're going to set up a live chatroom, so that a) I can keep my sanity through human interaction; b) my wife can monitor my health; and c) you can viciously taunt me throughout the process. Of course, we'll also run some meaningless votes and contests, and at the end of the whole affair I'll announce the winning entry of the "Name My EP" sweepstakes!
The best part is that, even though it's a 24-hour event for me, for you it's an occasional check-in (no matter where you are on our fair planet) out of your busy weekend, replete with a (hopefully) restful sleep and several snacks. I'm going to negotiate with Catherine to get a packed lunch, and I'm also going to investigate the possibility of bringing beer into this scenario.
I know I said this would happen next weekend, but I've made an executive decision to push this out to April 6th. That way, you all have time to circle the date on your calendars and get pumped up:
**I promise not to take your money and run.
So tune in tomorrow for the voting list, and tune in again next weekend so that we can talk DETAILS!
- Your buddy CFord
Leave a Reply.